Sunday, October 3, 2010

Laundromats 101

Dear neglected blog.
Good news...
I moved!
And you're never gonna believe this...
I live in a dollhouse.
In the magical neighborhood of Maple Leaf!
I even have my own personal reading room with a window seat and everything.
Ahhh...
My life is a fairytale....
almost.
There's really just one problem...
Apparently dollhouses don't come with a washer and dryer.
Which is totally bizarre.
I mean,
Come on.
Dolls need to wash their clothes too.
So anyways,
I've gotten around this whole laundry thing for about 2 months now...
but it was finally time
I was out of clothes to wear and re-wear and then wear again.
I had to go to....
The LAUNDROMAT!

Which...if you can't tell by my face- is scary.

I mean
We don't even know how to get there!
Or where one is!
Or how to get all our dirty laundry into my car!!

Plus. Did you know that it cost money to go to the laundromat?
I've been saving up quarters for forever now!
And then... I couldn't even figure out where to put them!
Sheesh.
Laundromats these days.
Super confusing!
Anywho.
After asking the laundry lady where to put my quarters
I selected the wrong stupid wash cycle...
Wasted all my quarters and all my clothes on the wrong wash!
There was nothing I could do!
Once the machine starts- you can't stop it.
My clothes were in deep danger of being heated into a size not even a doll could wear!

I needed some coffee to calm my nerves.
And like an answer to prayer- there was Starbucks.
Right next door!
Which made me forget all about my wrong cycle and focus on the important things in life- coffee.
And then I noticed something about Starbucks...
Starbucks is pretty much the only consistent thing in my life
Everything else changes,
But at Starbucks, I know exactly what to expect--slightly burnt coffee, jazz music, pumpkin scones, and Batista's in green aprons.
Ahhh...consistency.
It's good to know I can always count on Starbucks for a false sense of security.
After restoring my sanity-
I ventured back to the laundromat to take on the dryers.

This proved to be character building.

Lesson: patience.

I waited.


And Waited

And waited!!

For like...12 minutes!

Ok so--
the one good thing was that the dryers were on steroids.

But get this.
This is the worst part....

The clothes don't even come out folded...
you have to do it yourself!
What am I even paying for here!

RIP OFF

So...to all you readers out there with a laundry machine in your very own home...

Remember to show your washer a little love.

And if you don't...
I'd be more than happy to.

No comments:

Post a Comment