Friday, January 15, 2010

Beach house blues

I'll tell you about a little place where I live.
No. Not Seattle.
I mean, I suppose physically I do reside in Seattle...
Mentally...
I live at my beach house.

I live in a quaint little town on the shores of an imaginary beach in some other world. The weather is always exactly what it should be, and everyone is happy and life is perfect as I have allowed no space in my imaginary life for troubles or worries.

The beach house is spacious and airy, with wood floors, french doors, and a cozy couches. Every morning I sit on my porch swing and sip hot coffee with this really great guy I married until our scruffy dog begs us to walk him along the beach. We spend the afternoon working on our treehouse, where we hope to sleep on hot summer nights. There's a gazebo with twinkle lights that extends out into the water where we dance on clear nights. And every Saturday we walk down the beach to our favorite cafe and.....
Well. You get the point.
Anywho
Today was especially gloomy, so I went away to my beach house.....
And I suddenly got really sad.
Because
I realized something...
It's not real.

Dang dreams
Keep on ruining reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment